Thursday, April 30, 2020

More thoughts on Louie or how I keep second guessing what I did...

I torture myself in second guessing my decision on letting Louie be put to sleep.
What keeps rolling around in my head is that Louie was old.  I wanted to wait and get a second opinion.   All I could do was think about what sort of pain he was in.  A break like he had would have had a human screaming and demanding pain killers.
We'd had to wait for their surgeon to operate on him.  My Louie was in pain NOW.
I keep thinking that we could have waited a day for a second opinion.
But there was no guarantee of anything.  He could have died on the table.

I think, I have to believe that I did what was best for him.
I have to believe that or this will break me even more than I am.

This is a full house but it is a quiet house.  Too quiet.


No comments: