Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Its that time of year once again....

I was mostly always convinced that this time of year was a commercial creation.

What the dickens does Santa Claus have to do with the birth of Jesus? When did we go from celebrating a birth of a wise man, to 8 tiny reindeer disturbing yer sleep?

Tell me! It makes no sense.

I don't celebrate this holiday. I acknowledge that perhaps Jesus was really born this month, but I'm more inclined to believe that the Christian church in their zeal to convert pagans, perverted pagan holidays into Christian ones...lets sugar coat that conversion.

Now, its simply a money making deal.

Where is Jesus going though the money changers at the temple when we really need him?

I think He'd be a bit disappointed at what we've done in His name.

Makes me glad I am Buddhist in my outlook.

'nuff said!

No comments: