Thursday, August 11, 2005

Jake

Jake got hurt again.

This time he ended up with some sort of bite that turned into some kind of infection. Jake came home on 3 legs....he went for his food dish...so I knew he was ok to some extent...but if you picked him up, he's cry out.

Its 10 at night, so no use calling a vet. Nothing felt broken, but he was hurting he was.... He went and got on A's bed and didn't move all night except to turn over and squall now and then.

Around here, the vets will not see anyone before 10 am, even though their office opens at 8am. I call up and explain my situation. I was told I could bring him and they would give me an estimate.

An estimate?

I see, my cat is broke and they will give me an 'estimate' on how much it would be to fix him. If I couldn't afford it...well, too gawddamn bad for the cat. He can stay in pain and just fucking die I guess.

I realize that they need their money and all...but they do a nice business I guess...its cash or credit card. Yer fucked if you don't have either.

Never mind that some poor animal is suffering. How goddamn humane is that?

Jake did get to see a vet though. Thank God for A who loves the furball as much as I do.

Jake will be ok. Antibiotics and fish and ham will make him all better.

I wrote to the Pope to ask him to pray for Jake. Ya, I know, yer all thinking I'm completely off my gourd. The Pope has a cat...just not at the Vatican..some dumb rule. But yes, the Pope loves cats and well....given Jake's tendencies to get in trouble, I need all the help I can get and divine help is good help. I think though, I should have put in a request to the goddess Bast as well.

Usually, when I'm working on this, Jake is all curled up with his head on my arm or somewhere.



He's still on the bed sleeping right now, getting better. He can't jump up this far and he hurts too bad to move around much.

I miss him being a pain in the arse......



No comments: