Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Life goes on......



I wrote earlier that Jake is no more.

I didn't mention that there is a new Master in the house.

This is Jack/Jake. I haven't made up my mind yet. He keeps doing things that Jake used to do. It is both a nice familiar feeling...and a little amazing. Today he jumped on the desk and leaned on my chest the way that Jake used to do.....

Naturally, I lost it.

He's up here now, looking up at me wide eyed and full of trust. He's a sleepy baby. He'd been running wide open around the house....playing hard, jumping here and there. I am just so amazed by him.

We have spent most of Saturday snoozing. Me, snoozing because I'm just worn out from the emotions. All of that, no sleep........I was just TIRED, depressed, exhausted. I dunno why he was snoozing....except that he puts out a lot of energy when he's going full blast.

He's such a little man.....ruler of his world. I am so blessed to have him here. Please, don't let me fail him.

He's got a bit of a sniffle that bothers me. I read that kittens can get colds. Then I read about the dangers also present that look like colds. Its amazing they survive at all from what I've read.

Jake/Jack is a shelter kitten. As I understand it, they can pick up all sorts of interesting ailments from the shelter as well. I will have him checked out as soon as possible.

Some of you might think that with Jake barely cold in the grave, that I replaced him too soon. I didn't replace Jake. There is no replacing Jake. Jack/Jake will never be the cat my Jake was. He'll be his own cat with his own uniqueness. He's my little man.

'nuff said.

No comments: