Friday, July 07, 2006

My daily drive....

I enjoy my drive to work.

I live in Kokomo. I drive to Fishers, Indiana every day. I have to be there at 6am. I get off work at noon.

I love the smells....well all except that pig farm somewhere on 213. In the mornings, its cool out. There is no one around except me and who ever else uses that road to go from one place to another. Usually, I don't see anyone for miles and miles. Its just me, my thoughts and the creatures of the night.

And corn....lots and lots of corn. At nights its creepy sorta. It just sort of is there. I keep thinking of stuff like 'Children of the Corn' and 'Signs' and other things that had critters in the cornfield that wanted to eat you or give you an anal probe or summat...

Still, in the morning, creepiness aside, its a good drive. Usually people don't get right on your ass with their bright lights. I had someone do that recently....all up in my back seat and then this DEER just ran out in front of me....

Nearly peed my pants.

That yahoo on my ass though....he backed off some. I didn't hit the deer, but it was scary there for a moment. I've had a bunch of animals trying to commit suicide by car. I've managed to avoid them.

Stupid deer.

Now, the drive home in the afternoon is just great too. There is a bit more traffic but not usually, there are a lot more places open to go to. I do recommend that you have gas.....cause there is one station between the beginning of 213 and where I turn onto 26. Its in a little place called Windfall. Sometimes you can turn and go to Tipton for gas.....you save about a mile. I had to go there today because I was running on fumes.

The drive home smells better than the drive in the morning. In the afternoon, there is the smell of sweetgrass everywhere. I just want to find a big ole patch of sweet grass and roll around in it. I love the smell.

It was a peaceful time for me actually. The most peaceful moment I've had since Jake died.
I'll be sorry when the assignment in Fishers ends.

No comments: