Thursday, June 30, 2005

Jake


Those of you who know me in real life know about Jake....or as he is better know as: Master Jake. There is a saying: "Dogs have owners, Cats have slaves." Well.....I'm a slave to Master Jake. Not always a good one, but he's never punished me by hacking up a hairball on my pillow or where I could step on it.

You can see his picture I hope. Handsome fellow I think even though one of his ears is damaged. He is just a big balled tom cat prowling around the neighbourhood here. He's getting a little weathered now from losing a couple of fights recently. My friend heard some cats fighting the other night and went to go look and found out it was Jake being beat up on by some orange brute. He broke it up...but Jake wouldn't come to him. His little dog, kept bugging Jake, but Jake wasn't having anything part of it. He runs inside, and wakes me up at 5am...... "Jake's been in a fight and he won't come when I call" I dimly remember rolling out of bed and wandering outside on a Sunday morning calling for Jake. I give it the old college try for about 5 min and then go back to bed. Jake doesn't come home for a day....then when he does come in, he buries his face in his feed bowl for 15 min.

Naturally, we are very worried as neither of us know how badly Jake was slapped around. He's losing some weight too. So, what do I do? I go out and buy him a case of his favourite food: Friskies Turkey and Cheese sliced dinner. I also make sure that I don't run out of his favourite dry food.....which is also Friskies.

I also score him a bag of catnip.

This is Jake when he's at his most adorable. Yup, eyes shut, mouth shut. Quiet. He's not at the door demanding to be let out. He's not at his food dish making a mess. He's not in his litterbox making us all run out of the house.

I gotta tell you. Once some friends were over and one of them picked up Jake and sort of squeezed him. Jake burped.

It was this TOXIC cloud. He dropped Jake and we all ran.

ah...Love is wonderful from a nice distance.

Upwind.

No comments: